Food & Beverage
The origins of Luxlait go back to 1894. It was in fact that year that a private company with capital of LUF60,000 (€1,500) was set up under the name of “Central-Molkerei”.
The dairy took the name “Zentralmolkerei” and took the legal form of a limited liability company. The activities of our dairy witnessed significant expansion following the compulsory reorganisation of the Luxembourg dairy industry during the second world war. The daily volume received rose to 2,000 litres at the end of the 30s to 40,000 at the end of the second world war. Luxlait would like to find sales representatives, manufacturer representatives, sales agents, trade agents.
The current legal form of an agricultural association was adopted in 1946 and the company took the name “Molkereigenossenschaft Luxemburg – Laiterie de Luxembourg”.
At that time Luxembourg had a total of 180 local dairies. This number fell rapidly and, twelve years later, in 1960, only 5 were processing the milk of the Luxembourg farmers. The reorganisation of the dairy industry in Luxembourg was completed on 02 October 1978 by the merger of the last three agricultural associations: Celua, Laduno and Luxlait under the new name: Luxlait, association agricole.
Requires PRO status
Please login and leave message below
Choose the message and click 'Send'
no messages yet